1. The scheme will be applicable to all the categories of consumers whose installations are
Temporarily Disconnected, Permanently Disconnected and Revenue Recovery cases.
2. The validity for applying for the Scheme is Two months from the date of notification on the Official Gazette of Government of Goa.
3. Any of the consumers that are not covered in the scheme such as those with cases pending in the courts, C.G.R.F. may directly apply to the Department for settlement of their dues within the specified period and the same will be considered on merit on a case to case basis.
4. It is also proposed under the scheme, that the fixed / maximum demand charges along with DPC charged during the period from Temporary Disconnection to Permanent Disconnection will be waived to the new occupier of the premises if the same is not paid by the previous occupier. The new occupier of the premises will have to apply for the waive off during the period of the OTSS 2022 scheme. However, the new occupier of the premise will have to pay any dues payable to the Department by the previous occupier prior to temporary disconnection.
5. For cases referred to RRC, the consumer will have the option 1 to pay the Principal
and the DPC will be waived off. In this case, the consumer will have to approach the concerned
sub-divisional office for applying for the scheme and carrying out payments. The concerned Revenue
Recovery Officer i.e Superintending Engineer of both the circles will be intimated by the concerned
Executive Engineer or concerned Assistant Engineer (Com) for withdrawal of such cases from R.R.C.
6. The cases referred to RRC will be withdrawn on full settlement of the bill as per the schedule of payment opted by the consumer under OTS Scheme 2022. The concerned Mamlatdar will be intimated by the concerned Executive Engineer or the concerned Assistant Engineer (Com) for withdrawal of such cases from R.R.C. only on receipt of the full payment as per this Scheme.
7. In respect of the RRC cases where the break-up of actual energy charges and Delay Payment Charges are not available in the system/records of the Goa Electricity Department, 50% amount of the accumulated bill as on the date of application will be waived off in order to give relief to the consumers for settlement of the outstanding dues.